Am I a Writer?

Time will tell. Note: Quite often, I write about people I know. If any of you object to anything I have written, let me know and I will remove it.

My Photo
Name:

Wannabe. Living in Vientiane, Laos. Has blog to avoid sending lengthy emails.

Monday, November 21, 2005

But what's with the name, Sarrie??

Sarrie: a happy, happy medium between Sally and Sarah, both of which are my name. It's the same name, everyone, just accept it.

Like JFK, who was always called Jack. Like Prince Harry, who I think is really a Henry.

What's that you say? Same number of syllables? How can Sally be short for Sarah? Because, what, I've never realised that before? Thanks for the tip.

Anyway, there are other reasons. For those of you who've known me since the late 90s, you might remember an old boyfriend who went to Japan. Sarrie was my special jokey Japanese name then. Japan swallowed him whole, but my name stuck. It was even my Hotmail address for a while, hence the "Sarrie24" moniker. Strange to think there were already 23 other "Sarries" in existance by the time I signed up to Hotmail in 2000.

For those who've known me since about this time last year, Sarrie is what my Japanese housemate actually calls me- because she can't help it! Other people who have lived in that house sometimes call me that too.

So there you go. Sarrie. Maybe I'll change my name by deed poll one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home