Am I a Writer?

Time will tell. Note: Quite often, I write about people I know. If any of you object to anything I have written, let me know and I will remove it.

My Photo
Name:

Wannabe. Living in Vientiane, Laos. Has blog to avoid sending lengthy emails.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Teeth, and why they're apparently not necessary

I wanted to mention the Sydney riots, how much I hate Alan Jones and just how goddamn embarrassing the whole thing is for Australia, but I'm far too preoccupied.

This afternoon, I am getting all four of my wisdom teeth out...in the chair. The dentist has assured me that this is the way to go for my particular situation. My teeth are not impacted and don't look like they'll cause any trouble (so he says). Why, then, do I have to have them out at all? Why does the human body continue to produce these problematic teeth? They get stuck, impacted, infected and all kinds of other gross things, all because our jaws are too short to fit them in. It's just so inefficient, you know?
I don't wanna go!
I am curious, however. At least four or five people have assured me that the procedure was relatively painless, they were eating within hours and back at work the next day. Others have (kindly) regaled me with horror stories of profuse bleeding and hidous swelling.
Which will I be?
Anyway, I think what I'm most worried about is that I'll do something embarrassing while sedated in the chair. Or maybe I'll just fall asleep.
Tune in tomorrow (provided I have the strength to type, that is).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home